YellowScan's New CloudStation Streamlines LiDAR Data Extraction
YellowScan, LiDAR innovator, releases new strip adjustment module in CloudStation® software
[FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, Montpellier, March 2020]—YellowScan, the international UAV LiDAR leader headquartered in France with distributors worldwide, and with subsidiaries in the USA and Japan, is pleased to announce the release of its new strip adjustment module, a point cloud enhancing toolbox for its proprietary LiDAR software, CloudStation®. Even with high-end systems, some data refinement is required to improve precision and accuracy; the catch is that strip adjustment software is often complex. Here the adjustment of strips or flight lines and the production of LAS files are done in only a few clicks. With strip adjustment for CloudStation® two methods are available:
- The Robust method is typically suitable for area-like coverage with short strip length. The method will optimize each strip segment parameters in order to produce the best blend.
- The Precise method on the other hand is suitable for corridor-like acquisitions with longer strips. This method optimizes strip parameters at a finer level than the robust method enhancing event further the coherence of the final point cloud.
Both methods include an iteration of boresight calculation and the possibility to use GCPs (Ground Control Points) to better adjust to ground truth points. Strip Adjustment is compatible with all YellowScan LiDAR systems. “This reboot is great because it streamlines the user experience for our customers,” says technical support engineer Cyril Jayet. He adds, “YellowScan’s new CloudStation version runs smoother.” Key benefits with the new strip adjustment module include:
- one-click adjustment contributing to facilitate the user experience
- state of the art algorithms used in the offered adjustment methods
- takes advantage of Ground Control Points (GCPs) for final adjustments
- seamless adjustment of strips
This refined version of CloudStation® with strip adjustment provides a complete solution to create and visualize point-cloud data. It permits our clients to extract, process and display data immediately after flight acquisition. As a reminder, CloudStation® lets you:
- check the integrity of your data in the field
- verify your area coverage
- make sure all objects you’re mapping are identified
- extract your LAS files with only few clicks, within a few minutes
- automatically suggest flight lines
CloudStation® with strip adjustment is immediately available as of March 2020 with the acquisition of a YellowScan LiDAR solution.
YellowScan LiDAR for UAVs Welcomes New Asia-Pacific Business Development ManagerR TO EXPAND SALES & SERVICE IN APAC
A go-getter by nature, Teresa Hong is the newest face for YellowScan in the Asia-Pacific region Teresa Hong to Expand Sales and Service in the...
Mobile mapping is not a new concept. For several years it has appeared on the geospatial market to increase street survey productivity. YellowScan...
Today’s archaeologists and explorers are using exciting 3D laser technology known as LiDAR (Light and Detection Ranging) to discover aspects of...