YellowScan's New CloudStation Streamlines LiDAR Data Extraction
YellowScan, LiDAR innovator, releases new strip adjustment module in CloudStation® software
[FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, Montpellier, March 2020]—YellowScan, the international UAV LiDAR leader headquartered in France with distributors worldwide, and with subsidiaries in the USA and Japan, is pleased to announce the release of its new strip adjustment module, a point cloud enhancing toolbox for its proprietary LiDAR software, CloudStation®. Even with high-end systems, some data refinement is required to improve precision and accuracy; the catch is that strip adjustment software is often complex. Here the adjustment of strips or flight lines and the production of LAS files are done in only a few clicks. With strip adjustment for CloudStation® two methods are available:
- The Robust method is typically suitable for area-like coverage with short strip length. The method will optimize each strip segment parameters in order to produce the best blend.
- The Precise method on the other hand is suitable for corridor-like acquisitions with longer strips. This method optimizes strip parameters at a finer level than the robust method enhancing event further the coherence of the final point cloud.
Both methods include an iteration of boresight calculation and the possibility to use GCPs (Ground Control Points) to better adjust to ground truth points. Strip Adjustment is compatible with all YellowScan LiDAR systems. “This reboot is great because it streamlines the user experience for our customers,” says technical support engineer Cyril Jayet. He adds, “YellowScan’s new CloudStation version runs smoother.” Key benefits with the new strip adjustment module include:
- one-click adjustment contributing to facilitate the user experience
- state of the art algorithms used in the offered adjustment methods
- takes advantage of Ground Control Points (GCPs) for final adjustments
- seamless adjustment of strips
This refined version of CloudStation® with strip adjustment provides a complete solution to create and visualize point-cloud data. It permits our clients to extract, process and display data immediately after flight acquisition. As a reminder, CloudStation® lets you:
- check the integrity of your data in the field
- verify your area coverage
- make sure all objects you’re mapping are identified
- extract your LAS files with only few clicks, within a few minutes
- automatically suggest flight lines
CloudStation® with strip adjustment is immediately available as of March 2020 with the acquisition of a YellowScan LiDAR solution.
The Mapper series and new Surveyor Ultra are now fully compatible with Gremsy’s quick-release solutions. Montpellier, France and Ho Chi Minh...
YellowScan Announces Collaboration with UAV Developer FIXAR for a Fully Integrated LiDAR and Drone Solution
YellowScan is delighted to partner with FIXAR, an unmanned aerial vehicle developer, to provide a fully integrated LiDAR & drone solution.
YellowScan Releases the Latest Upgrade to its Software Solution for Managing Point Cloud Data, CloudStation
YellowScan has developed a new global release of the CloudStation which focuses on increasing their customers’ productivity.