YellowScan's New CloudStation Streamlines LiDAR Data Extraction
YellowScan, LiDAR innovator, releases new strip adjustment module in CloudStation® software
[FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, Montpellier, March 2020]—YellowScan, the international UAV LiDAR leader headquartered in France with distributors worldwide, and with subsidiaries in the USA and Japan, is pleased to announce the release of its new strip adjustment module, a point cloud enhancing toolbox for its proprietary LiDAR software, CloudStation®. Even with high-end systems, some data refinement is required to improve precision and accuracy; the catch is that strip adjustment software is often complex. Here the adjustment of strips or flight lines and the production of LAS files are done in only a few clicks. With strip adjustment for CloudStation® two methods are available:
- The Robust method is typically suitable for area-like coverage with short strip length. The method will optimize each strip segment parameters in order to produce the best blend.
- The Precise method on the other hand is suitable for corridor-like acquisitions with longer strips. This method optimizes strip parameters at a finer level than the robust method enhancing event further the coherence of the final point cloud.
Both methods include an iteration of boresight calculation and the possibility to use GCPs (Ground Control Points) to better adjust to ground truth points. Strip Adjustment is compatible with all YellowScan LiDAR systems. “This reboot is great because it streamlines the user experience for our customers,” says technical support engineer Cyril Jayet. He adds, “YellowScan’s new CloudStation version runs smoother.” Key benefits with the new strip adjustment module include:
- one-click adjustment contributing to facilitate the user experience
- state of the art algorithms used in the offered adjustment methods
- takes advantage of Ground Control Points (GCPs) for final adjustments
- seamless adjustment of strips
This refined version of CloudStation® with strip adjustment provides a complete solution to create and visualize point-cloud data. It permits our clients to extract, process and display data immediately after flight acquisition. As a reminder, CloudStation® lets you:
- check the integrity of your data in the field
- verify your area coverage
- make sure all objects you’re mapping are identified
- extract your LAS files with only few clicks, within a few minutes
- automatically suggest flight lines
CloudStation® with strip adjustment is immediately available as of March 2020 with the acquisition of a YellowScan LiDAR solution.
Velodyne Lidar, Inc. today announced two new generation YellowScan mobile mapping systems use Velodyne’s lidar sensors to help achieve the high precision and accuracy needed in aerial 3D mapping. Velodyne’s powerful lidar sensors generate real-time georeferenced point cloud data that allows YellowScan systems to accurately measure and analyze an area so customers can avoid time-intensive, costly manual surveys.
YellowScan is excited to announce a new distribution partnership with Beijing MapCore Technology Co. Ltd Montpellier, France and Melbourne,...
Dear colleagues and clients, YellowScan takes part in the national effort to contain the Coronavirus. Out of social responsibility, most of the team...